Tuesday, July 8, 2008

FOURTH OF JULY!

I had a really neat poem, however I still am having trouble with msn ("IE has a problem & must close immediately. ...send error message to msn") Right now it won't allow me to access "my documents". I just love this computer stuff.......... Mine was quiet (would have loved to see the exploding marshmallows over SD).There were several TV marathons on, watching the Twilight Zone was a very interesting experience. This program was prime time during my teens. There were several episodes I still carried spooky feelings (like how Psycho affected so many). With today's sophistacation (sp) looking at what was "scary" in the 60s had me laughing like crazy--sometimes to tears. It may be a generation thing and be hard for you guys to relate to, but it was throughly enjoyable to look at their version of scary and what someone would come up with today. For those of you who remember "Zorro, The Gay Blade" and his mute sidekick. The sidekick had gotten dressed in this shaggy thing for the costume ball. Zorro thought he looked like a big smelly dog -- the sidekick claimed he was a bear. The point is, 1 of the scariest episodes had a guy in the same suit (I swear they must have dug it out of storage for Zorro). The critter had white face paint, black paint making large dark circles around the eyes, and ran around with his lips turned out till his teeth showed. Rather like sucker ell. I could not believe I had been haunted all these years by such as that.

While watching these Twilight Zone & NCIS marathons I found my mind had often wandered off in memory of past 4th of Julys. Cookouts outs at Elephant Rocks (sometimes with GM& GP), when we played baseball down at the school yard and Father joked how we totaled up our own "Costello" team. Going out to the farm which always allowed us "best seats in the house". How Mae hated the noise, how the boys chased each other in the open field. The KFC dinners we took to our firecracker salesmen & lady. Joe I came across that newspaper article about you & Mae. Do you guys remember that (cheesecake) red/white/blue which David made for dessert one year? How could we ever forget going to Don Mays for the conflagration. I would say all and all, I had a pretty good 4th. Watched the fireworks at the capital & followed it up with James Cagney in "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy". Yup, a pretty nice day.

I hope all of you had a good 4th too. love, mom........

No comments: